We have had a blast tie dying our shirts! Thank you for sending in the white shirts. The entire school is complete and the shirts will be distributed to the students on March 20. The students will wear them home that day.
Remember that it is daylight savings this weekend and we will be springing forward. I hope this time change also brings a change in the weather!
- Trimester Two Report Cards will go live online on Wednesday, March 20th
- Remember that you can access your child’s report card by signing into the Parent Portal. For any questions, please call the main office at 847-357-6600.
- Registration for the 2019/2020 year will be available through the parent portal starting Monday, April 1, 2019.
- If you do not have a parent portal account, you should have received an email on March 15 with instructions and a link to do so.
- Beginning this year, the district is contracting with a third-party vendor to automatically verify student address information. If your residency is verified electronically, you will not need to submit any additional paperwork to certify that you live within the district’s boundaries. To verify residency, the vendor will use a parent’s name and address to crosscheck the information against electronic databases from other organizations, such as utility companies.
- We anticipate most addresses will be verified electronically. If we cannot verify your address electronically, we will send you a letter detailing what additional information you will need to provide in order to register your child for the upcoming school year.
PTA Scholarship Program
- Please consider having your student apply for a scholarship for a summer program/camp through the Schaumburg Township Council Elementary Scholarship program. Form English Form Spanish
- All students Kindergarten – 7th who have attended a District 54 school for the last 2 years (current year included). Parent(s) must provide proof of PTA membership (must be member by March 1). This is not a need based scholarship.
- Scholarships will be awarded for the full cost of the camp up to $125.
- All applications must be returned to Lakeview School in a sealed envelope marked “STC Elementary Scholarship Application” no later than Wednesday, April 3 at 2:30 p.m. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Go to https://pta.sd54.org/2019/02/27/elementary-scholarship-applications-available/ to download the complete application or come to the office to pick up a hard copy. Please include ALL of the following:
- The Identification and Verification Form.
- The Student Statement Form consisting of one (1), two-part question with a maximum of 300 words on the STC application form provided. The Statement must fit on the front only of the page either typewritten, computer generated or neatly handwritten with text able to be clearly copied. Please only use I/he/she when completing the Statement. Do not identify the child or have the child sign the Statement. No pictures please.
- A copy of the program or camp brochure (including cost information).
- A copy of the completed application/registration form (no exceptions) for the camp.
- A copy (not the original) of the parent/guardian PTA membership card for the 2018/19 academic year, or written verification of PTA membership from local unit membership chair or local unit president. Parent/guardian must be a PTA member by March 1, 2019 at the school attended by the child applying for the scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified in early May.
Spanish Speech Contest
- MacArthur School will host the annual District 54 Spanish Language Speech Contest on May 2. District 54 students in third through eighth grade are eligible to participate in this event. Contestants will be divided into two categories: Native speakers and Spanish as a second language. The application deadline is April 12. Click here to access the online application. If you have questions, contact Lucrecia Temoczuk at LucreciaTemoczuk@nullsd54.org or (847) 357-6666.
Schaumburg Parent University – March class
Schaumburg Parent University (SPU) is designed to involve more parents in the life of the school, to strengthen family relationships, and to improve parenting skills that will ultimately result in improved student success academically, socially and emotionally. Please note that child care is always available.
Fit Fam: How to Get the Whole Family Moving Together – March 13
Rethink your idea of what exercise is! A workout doesn’t have to mean running laps or lifting weights. Exercise is leading an active lifestyle, which you can do with your kids, and you’ll be able to fit in more than you think. As a bonus, exercise with family will double as quality time. Let these creative ideas help you turn every day into an opportunity to get fit — and have fun — together. This event will take place from 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 13, at Lakeview Elementary School, 615 Lakeview Lane, Hoffman Estates. Fit Fam flyer
To register please visit the SPU Online Form or for more information, contact Meg Kwak at 847-357-6586 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave your name, contact information, the number of children needing childcare (free) and your child’s school.
Enjoy your Weekend!
Mrs. Erbach and Mrs. Pietryla