Principal’s Message for June 6, 2019
Good Luck 6th Grade Students in Jr. High! Make Lakeview Proud!!!
On behalf of the entire Lakeview staff, we would like to wish all of our families a wonderful summer break! We are proud of each and every one of our students for the hard work and dedication they demonstrated consistently throughout the school year. We will miss all of the smiles and energy they bring to our hallways and look forward to welcoming them back in August. For those of you leaving the Lakeview community, we wish you all the best. Best of luck also to all of our 6th graders who are moving on to Junior High, we know you are all ready for this next chapter in your lives.
2019-2020 Teaching Assignments
Kindergarten – Mrs. DiSanti, Mrs. Battaglia, Ms. Nessling
1st Grade – Mrs. Shaw, Ms. Abata, Mrs. Wheatley
2nd Grade – Mrs. Arvis, Ms. Maize, Ms. Sayeedi
3rd Grade – Mrs. Forsberg, Mrs. Piekenbrock, Ms. Molitor
4th Grade – Ms. Mirski, Ms. Issleib, Mrs. Schulze
5th Grade – Ms. Shimanek, Ms. Chase, Ms. Roman
6th Grade – Ms. Bohne, Mrs. Cahoj, Ms. McMullen
Farewell to Staff
Lakeview School is sadly saying good-bye to a number of great staff members who are off to other endeavors. They have touched many lives at Lakeview. We wish them the very best!
- Catherine Moxness – Moving to Indiana
- Melissa DePau – Moving to District Office to be a Digital Coach
- Mary Duffy – Moving to Frost to be an SST
- Meg Kwak – Moving to Keller Jr. High as their Psychologist
- Kendra Crane – Moving to Fox to teach self-contained special education
- Nicole Latrofa – Moving to Hoover as the SST
- Claire Elsey – Leaving the district
- Alex Bloom – Leaving the district
- Shella Siddiq – Moving to Churchill
- Linda Streck – Moving to Armstrong
- Mirna Algarin – Moving to Hoover
- Jamie Sadnick – Extending her parental leave
- Katie Ferguson – Retiring
New to Lakeview
- Taylor Piekenbrock – 3rd Grade Teacher
- Dianne Buffo – Psychologist
- Giddeon – Service Dog
- Angela Osmanski – SST
- Katie Massingill – Intermediate Literacy Coach
- Melissa Mayer – Behavioral Coach
- Shireen Sayeedi – 2nd Grade Teacher
- Dana Kowalewski – SST
- Taylor Molitor – 3rd Grade Teacher
- Natalie Walters – EL Teacher
Summer Office Hours
8:00AM – 3:00PM until Thursday, June 13 and 8:00-11:30 Friday, June 14. Please note; Lakeview School is hosting Summer School so the school will be a very busy place during these summer hours.
Secretaries will be available on August 2nd and keep similar hours (8:00-3:00: until school starts.
New enrollees will also be able to register during the summer. You can register at the District 54’s Rafferty Center.
We will be sending student’s teacher placement in the mail. Every student will get a letter from his or her teacher in the fall.
Report Cards Online June 11th
Please note at our Trimester 3 report cards will be posted live on the Parent Portal starting on June 11th. If you have any questions about your portal account, please contact our main office at 847-357-6600.
On August 15th, we will have our annual Back to School Night. This night is for parents and students to drop off supplies, meet your teacher and hear about the 2019/2020 expectations. More information about the event will be sent out in the fall.
On August 15th at 1:15pm we will be looking for students to come to Lakeview for a “top secret mission”. We will need any student who wants to come for about 30 minutes. We will send more information in August about this special event.
LEARNING NEVER TAKES A VACATION! Reading is the key to all we do at school. Our fantastic public library, Barnes and Noble and Scholastic Books have wonderful resources for all of us to continue to read over the summer. Read! Read! Read!
Mrs. Erbach and Mrs. Pietryla