This is a reminder that any families interested in ordering Lakeview Spirit Wear, must have their orders submitted by tomorrow, September 16th. You can send in the order form and money with your child to give to their homeroom teacher or send it directly to the front office.
Wow, this year’s Back-to-Campus was a hit! So many families came out to support the students and get them ready for a brand new school year. From face-painting, temporary tattoos, food, music, and more, the staff and families of Lakeview had a wonderful time kicking off our school year!Families also had a chance to hear some important information about their children’s teachers and classrooms, so that together, we can set the students up for success. Below are some of the photos from that night.
- Thursday, August 14th, 9am-12 noon and 6-8pm is School of Information Day. Stop by our gym where class lists will be posted with teacher and classroom assignments. The PTA will be there to greet you and share information. Our office staff will be available to answer questions. Medical forms for our school nurse may be dropped off this day or any day after August 12th.
- Monday, August 25th, 5-7pm is our Back to School & Curriculum Night. Families can drop off supplies and hear their teacher present important information. More details can be found below.
- Tuesday, August 26th is the first day of school for first through sixth grade students.
- August 26th-28th is kindergarten screening. Appointment times are being mailed home.
- Tuesday, September 2nd is the first day for kindergarten students.
Back-to-Campus & Curriculum Night:
Who: Lakeview Students and Families
What: Back-to-School & Curriculum Night
Where: Lakeview School
When: Monday, August 25, 2014
5:00 Drop off school supplies in student’s classroom
5:15 Presentation 1 (20 minutes)*
5:35 Drop off school supplies in student’s classroom
5:35-5:55 Meeting for Advanced Math Students
6:00 Presentation 2 (20 minutes)*
6:20 Drop off school supplies in student’s classroom
6:30 Classrooms close
6:30-7:00 Meet and greet with teachers & staff outdoors
5-7:00 Celebration behind the school
*Presentation 1 and 2 are the same. Please feel free to attend the one that best fits your schedule!
Why: To meet your teachers, drop off school supplies, learn about the curriculum, and visit with friends.
- We will have a DJ, face painting, henna, and tattoos, as well as many items for sale including: pizza, spirit items, popcorn, and frozen treats.
- The PTA will have a membership table (we’d love to see YOU join), and answer any questions you may have.
- Schaumburg Library will be signing up students and their families for library cards. Two forms of identification are needed that include name, address, and photo.
- There will be a school supply drop-off donation box.
Here’s hoping you have a wonderful summer break! Stay happy, healthy, and safe. See you in August for the 2014-2015 school year!
A great way to keep our minds exercised over the summer months is to continue reading, every day. While students are home for summer, be sure to check out the links below for some ideas on exciting summer reads!