Posted August 6th, 2014 by Miss Rizzo
Dear Lakeview Families,
Welcome back to our returning families and welcome to our new families! We hope you are having a fabulous summer enjoying time with your children. Warm days spent riding bikes, swimming and playing together go by so quickly. The memories shared sure do create a lasting bond.
We are looking forward to an incredible 2014-2015 school year with you. We are dedicated to bringing out the very best in your children and helping them achieve their highest potential. We have already been hard at work preparing to ensure your child’s success as he/she makes significant growth as a reader, writer and mathematician. Our talented staff members have devoted a significant amount of time this summer attending training, planning meetings, setting up their classrooms and reading professional materials.
We have several exciting dates to share with you:
- Thursday, August 14th, 9am-12 noon and 6-8pm is School of Information Day. Stop by our gym where class lists will be posted with teacher and classroom assignments. The PTA will be there to greet you and share information. Our office staff will be available to answer questions. Medical forms for our school nurse may be dropped off this day or any day after August 12th.
- Monday, August 25th, 5-7pm is our Back to School & Curriculum Night. Families can drop off supplies and hear their teacher present important information. More details can be found below.
- Tuesday, August 26th is the first day of school for first through sixth grade students.
- August 26th-28th is kindergarten screening. Appointment times are being mailed home.
- Tuesday, September 2nd is the first day for kindergarten students.
We start the drop off routine on the very first day of school to form good habits. I ask that you say good bye to your child at the school doors. We ask that only students enter the building – even on the first day of school. Staff members will be on hand at each of the doors to escort any children that are unsure of where to go. Staff members will be on hand the entire first week. You may also help your child practice walking from the door to the classroom during the Back to School/Curriculum Night event. For special events or office business, parents are welcome to be buzzed in the doors on Washington Street to sign into the office and get a visitor’s pass. We had new security equipment installed this summer that will make it easier for us to recognize guests at the door.
We are committed to making a deep and genuine difference in the lives of our students. We are eager to get started. We can’t wait to see you and your children! If we can be of any assistance, please contact us.
Laura Rosenblum and Julie Tarasiuk
Back-to-Campus & Curriculum Night:
Who: Lakeview Students and Families
What: Back-to-School & Curriculum Night
Where: Lakeview School
When: Monday, August 25, 2014
5:00 Drop off school supplies in student’s classroom
5:15 Presentation 1 (20 minutes)*
5:35 Drop off school supplies in student’s classroom
5:35-5:55 Meeting for Advanced Math Students
6:00 Presentation 2 (20 minutes)*
6:20 Drop off school supplies in student’s classroom
6:30 Classrooms close
6:30-7:00 Meet and greet with teachers & staff outdoors
5-7:00 Celebration behind the school
*Presentation 1 and 2 are the same. Please feel free to attend the one that best fits your schedule!
Why: To meet your teachers, drop off school supplies, learn about the curriculum, and visit with friends.
- We will have a DJ, face painting, henna, and tattoos, as well as many items for sale including: pizza, spirit items, popcorn, and frozen treats.
- The PTA will have a membership table (we’d love to see YOU join), and answer any questions you may have.
- Schaumburg Library will be signing up students and their families for library cards. Two forms of identification are needed that include name, address, and photo.
- There will be a school supply drop-off donation box.