Please click on our Lakeview Update: Dec. 5th to read all about the great things that have been and will be going on at Lakeview! You can also click December PTA Newsletter and Schaumburg Parent University for some information from our amazing PTA.
Dear Lakeview Families,
We had a fun and festive Halloween on Friday thanks to all of the help of our PTA/parent volunteers. Thank you so much for the games, crafts and activities as well as the delicious treats. We enjoyed seeing all of the creative ideas. Students had a fabulous time! Students also enjoyed seeing their friends at our PTA movie night earlier this month. A huge thank you to our PTA for sponsoring this special event. We are glad so many families were able to join us.
We hope you’ll be able to join us as we honor service men/women on Veteran’s Day with a special program on Tuesday, November 11 at 6pm in the Lakeview gym. We also are hosting our next family night on Thursday, November 18. We will be offering the opportunity for families to participate in a turkey trot or printmaking. Fliers for both events are attached.
MAP testing begins this month. Students have been working hard each day to achieve the goals they set and shared with you at parent teacher conferences. We look forward to seeing them “show what they know” when they participate in MAP testing beginning November 17.
Information about our Illinois School Report Card can be found inside the newsletter. If you have any questions or need anything, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Laura Rosenblum and Julie Tarasiuk
Lakeview Leaders is a group of students who are dedicated to improving Lakeview in many ways throughout the year. Lakeview Leaders recently spent some time doing some community service, picking up trash outside of our school. With their help, Lakeview continues to be a beautiful place to learn. Thank you for all your hard-work!
Stop by the Lakeview Gym on Thursday, October 9th for our Scholastic Book Fair! You’ll find a great selection of affordable books for all reading levels. Proceeds from the fair also help us provide additional books for our library. Students were able to see video trailers for some of the books that will be available for purchase and they are always excited to have the chance to visit the fair. The book fair will be open during conferences on Thursday beginning at 11:45. Hope to see you there!
This is a reminder that any families interested in ordering Lakeview Spirit Wear, must have their orders submitted by tomorrow, September 16th. You can send in the order form and money with your child to give to their homeroom teacher or send it directly to the front office.
Wow, this year’s Back-to-Campus was a hit! So many families came out to support the students and get them ready for a brand new school year. From face-painting, temporary tattoos, food, music, and more, the staff and families of Lakeview had a wonderful time kicking off our school year!Families also had a chance to hear some important information about their children’s teachers and classrooms, so that together, we can set the students up for success. Below are some of the photos from that night.
- Thursday, August 14th, 9am-12 noon and 6-8pm is School of Information Day. Stop by our gym where class lists will be posted with teacher and classroom assignments. The PTA will be there to greet you and share information. Our office staff will be available to answer questions. Medical forms for our school nurse may be dropped off this day or any day after August 12th.
- Monday, August 25th, 5-7pm is our Back to School & Curriculum Night. Families can drop off supplies and hear their teacher present important information. More details can be found below.
- Tuesday, August 26th is the first day of school for first through sixth grade students.
- August 26th-28th is kindergarten screening. Appointment times are being mailed home.
- Tuesday, September 2nd is the first day for kindergarten students.
Back-to-Campus & Curriculum Night:
Who: Lakeview Students and Families
What: Back-to-School & Curriculum Night
Where: Lakeview School
When: Monday, August 25, 2014
5:00 Drop off school supplies in student’s classroom
5:15 Presentation 1 (20 minutes)*
5:35 Drop off school supplies in student’s classroom
5:35-5:55 Meeting for Advanced Math Students
6:00 Presentation 2 (20 minutes)*
6:20 Drop off school supplies in student’s classroom
6:30 Classrooms close
6:30-7:00 Meet and greet with teachers & staff outdoors
5-7:00 Celebration behind the school
*Presentation 1 and 2 are the same. Please feel free to attend the one that best fits your schedule!
Why: To meet your teachers, drop off school supplies, learn about the curriculum, and visit with friends.
- We will have a DJ, face painting, henna, and tattoos, as well as many items for sale including: pizza, spirit items, popcorn, and frozen treats.
- The PTA will have a membership table (we’d love to see YOU join), and answer any questions you may have.
- Schaumburg Library will be signing up students and their families for library cards. Two forms of identification are needed that include name, address, and photo.
- There will be a school supply drop-off donation box.